I made these last week. The below recipe is combined from a few recipes I found. The cupcake is moist and has all of those awesome pumpkin pie spices. The cream cheese frosting made it really creamy and delicious. For shits and giggles I added caramel topping and chocolate chips as decorations.
This is a great desert to make for Halloween, Thanksgiving or whenever! I loves me some pumpkin so could make this all year round. Enjoy! You won’t be disappointed.
½ cup vegetable shortening
1 ½ cups brown sugar
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon powdered ginger
½ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon mace
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
½ cup milk
8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line cupcake pan with liners
- Cream the shortening in a large bowl then add the sugar gradually, beating in well. Then beat in eggs.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and mace together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the first mixture then add the pumpkin and milk and beat thoroughly until smooth (no lumps).
- Pour the batter into the lined cupcake pan
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Remove from oven and let cool completely
- Combine the cream cheese, butter, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla in a stand up mixer. Beat until perfectly smooth and spreadable.
- Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes and decorate with caramel topping and chocolate chips