This recipe is just slightly changed from Paula Deen’s recipe. I’m going to make it into a full cheesecake but thought I would try this first. There are about 4 layers so it takes a little bit of time but it is well worth it. It is beyond delicious and rich.
2 Cups Flour
1/2 Cup brown sugar
1 Cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
3 8 oz packages of cream cheese, softened (at room temperature)
3/4 Cup sugar
3 Large eggs
1 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla
3 Granny smith apples, peeled and finely chopped
2 tablespoons sugar
1 Cup brown sugar
1 Cup flour
1/2 Cup cooking oats
1/2 Cup (1 stick) butter
1/2 cup caramel topping after baked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter with a fork until mixture is crumbly. Press the mixture evenly into a 9 X 13 pan lined with aluminum foil. Bake for 15 minutes until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 3/4 cup sugar in a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Then add eggs one at a time, and vanilla. Stir until combined then pour over the warm crust.
- In a small bowl combine the apples and 2 tablespoons of sugar then spoon evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
- For the streusel topping: In a small bowl combine the brown sugar, flour, oats and softened butter. It should be somewhat crumbly when combined. Sprinkle the streusel topping over the apples.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Drizzle the caramel topping on top and let cool. Refrigerate overnight then serve.